The health benefits of honey and cinnamon include a strong immune system, digestive system, healthy heart, bones, skin, teeth, and hair, weight loss, itching, and arthritis. This article covers the health benefits of honey and cinnamon together. Honey comes with a number of health benefits when consumed individually, and when consumed in combination with a number of food items, the most useful combinations are formed with cinnamon, ginger, and milk.
- Immune System: Honey and cinnamon paste is good for boosting the immune system, removing regular fatigue and increasing the longevity of an individual. It can also be used for treating colds and influenza.
- Digestion: Honey and cinnamon helps in improving the digestive system, remove gas from the stomach and intestine and treat stomachache, flatulence, indigestion and bladder infections.
- Itching: Paste of honey and cinnamon is often used to treat insect bites.
- Skin Care: The benefits of honey and cinnamon extend to skin care, wherein minor skin infections and pimples are treated with regular application of a paste formed from these two precious foods.
- Hair Care: Honey and cinnamon also nurture hair, reduce hair loss and further increase hair growth.
- Dental Care: Both honey and cinnamon are individually used for dental care. A mixture prepared from the two is also useful in dental care, particularly in removing bad breath and toothache.
- Weight Loss: A mixture of honey and cinnamon in warm water is considered good for reducing weight. Of course, like any other weight loss remedy, this comes true only when you ensure controlled diet and regular exercise.
- Arthritis: The paste is good for bone health also and helps in providing some relief to arthritis patients.
- Heart Disorders: Honey and cinnamon is used for reducing cholesterol levels and thus provide health to your heart.
It is also believed that honey and cinnamon is good for treating cancer, infertility in men and hearing disorders.(source:Organic Facts)